<Operation Hot Rod
Just living la vida loca!
........... ...........
Friday, June 10, 2011
We're back! Actually, we've been back for a few days now, but I've just been trying (quite unsuccessfully) to catch up on life. We had such a great time visiting my family, but it's so, so good to be home. There's just something about traveling with a baby that makes life a lot more stressful. Maybe it's just our baby, but regardless,  we're ready to stay close to home for awhile.
We had such a great time visiting with family that we haven't seen in awhile. For most of them, it's been years. I still can't believe that so many of our out of state family made the trek to Montana to visit us while we were there. 
Our biggest priority for the trip was spending time with my 94 year old grandma. I really wanted her to meet Asher. The reality is that at her age, everytime we say goodbye I know in my heart it could be for the lat time. Unfortunately, my great aunt bobbie passed away just 2 weeks before we got to town, so it was a little sad not having her at our family functions.
Here's some of my favorite memories from our trip.....

Spending time with the Eisenharts and the Kavanaghs. I love these guys so much! I was so glad that Sam & Sara were able to make it up from Bozeman while we were in town. Can't wait to see the newest addition to the Kavy family in just a few weeks!

My mom soaked up every single second with Asher. It was nice for us, cause we got a break! We went out on dates and double dates with Andy & Mandie quite a few times while we were home after Asher went to bed and Mom was on babysitting duty. 

Asher hanging out with great grandma. He also got to meet his second cousin Allan  (named after my grandfather) who came to visit from Washington.

Funny picture - Andy & Mandie are trying to make Asher laugh, and grandma is blinking but it looks like she's sleeping. This is the best family picture we could muster up.

Asher absolutely LOVED his Uncle Andy and Auntie Mandie. They are going to make such great parents someday.

Our last day in Montana after all the hoards of  family had come and gone.  I still can't believe how much snow there was in the mountains. Hopefully it won't flood once it melts like has been predicted. My mom lives just 1/4 of a mile away from the big Flathead River, so it could mean very bad things for her.
__________________________________________________________________________________
So that was our trip. So great, but so tiring. Now it's time to get back into the swing of life here in Madison and prepare for this baby.  Just 7 weeks left. I have had no nesting instinct whatsoever thus far, so I'm trying to get my butt in gear and get ready for this little guy to join us. I felt so accomplished yesterday when I washed the newborn inserts for the carseat. I still have a long ways to go, but at least most of it will hopefully be easy stuff. I checked in with the doctor as soon as I got back into town and my levels of amniotic fluid hasn't really changed much in the last week, so that's actually a good thing. There's still way to much fluid there. but at least it's not growing so rapidly. I had understood when I talked to the doctor before I left that I would be going in for weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests, but I found out this week that I'll actually have to be going in twice a week from here on out unless things drastically improve. I've been super frustrated about this as it's not easy when I have Asher to care for, but really, whatever it takes to make sure our little guy is safe is worth every inconvenience to me.
That's it from our end!

Labels: , ,



0 Comments: