<Operation Hot Rod: The things we take for granted...
Just living la vida loca!
........... ...........
Sunday, June 05, 2011
The things we take for granted...
How is it possible to wake up every morning and think that some of life's problems just seem to big for God when you look at this view of His creation? I can't believe that for the first 18 years of my life this is what I woke up to every morning when I looked outside my moms living room window and was never really in awe. I guess it's true that you don't know what you have until it's gone.
For now, I'm enjoying the beauty of Montana, all the different little local coffee roasters that make some of the best coffee in the world, the perfect summertime weather and once in awhile a sip or two of Steve's beer from some of the great local breweries, but most of all I'm soaking up every single minute of spending time with my family.
Watching Asher interact with his 94 year old great grandma has provided us with priceless memories and having family come from California, Washington and Idaho just to meet the new addition to our family while we're in town has made us feel so loved. Yes, I may come from the most dysfunctional family ever, but the family members that we have that are "normal" are some of the best people I've ever known.
One more day and then it's back to reality. Have I mentioned lately just how badly I want to move to California to live closer to my brother? Well, this trip has sealed the deal. We have decided that one day this dream will be a reality - hopefully sooner rather than later. For now though, it's back to another day of breathing in fresh air while we're surrounded on all sides by beautiful mountains.

Labels: ,



0 Comments: