<Operation Hot Rod
Just living la vida loca!
........... ...........
Thursday, March 31, 2011
It's international week here in La Casa de Rodriguez. So far, in the last few days we've been to a french themed party and then the other night went over to some friends for a taco night. We may just have to round out the week and have some pizza to celebrate the Italians!

All is well in our world. Both Asher and I have colds, so we're laying low. We went to storytime at the library a few days ago and it seemed like every other child was coughing up their lung while we were there, so I expected that Asher would be next in line. I just don't get parents bringing their kids to events where they will be in close contact with other kids when their sick. I'm not a germ-a-phobe by any means, but I do think it's a matter of respect for others - especially when they let their children get up in your childs face and cough all over them. It's just rude. I'll get off my soap box now though. Gotta look at the positive, building up that ol' immune system is a good thing, right?

All is well with baby #2. He's an active little guy and always seems to be kicking up a storm. Some of his kicks have already started to hurt, so I'm not looking forward to what lies ahead. At this point in my pregnancy with Asher I wasn't even feeling him kick yet for another week, so this next little bugger seems like he might just be a wild one! Lord have mercy! :)

We're unwillingly starting to shop for a mini-van. With the new carseat recommendations (which I'm sure will soon be law) there's just no way we can fit both carseats in our Subaru rear facing and still have enough leg room for the person in the driver's seat to drive safely. Usually we drive our cars until they die, and of course,  for the first time ever, both of our cars are running great! We're not so excited to start the mini-van hunt. Neither Steve nor I know anything about cars, so we're always afraid of getting dooped and buying a junker that looks nice on the outside. Our little Accord has been such a great car and we're sad to have to get rid of it. It still has a lot of life left in it.

That's it in our neck of the woods for now!


3 Comments:

Blogger Charisa said...

I know NOTHING about mini-vans, but read a blog by a mom of two already and just found out she's having twins. Needless to say, they've done their homework on mini-vans and they like the Honda Odyssey the best. Good luck with the search!

Anonymous jas said...

I'm like you, it drives me crazy when people take their germ infested kids out to play in close proximity to other kids. I get it, we will never escape germs, but I think there is a way to be polite and keep a safe distance.
Good luck with the minivan. You're well on your way to be being a soccer mom!

Blogger ..Jenny said...

I would love a Honda Odyssey! We're big fans of Honda's around here. We usually only buy foreign cars, but it looks like this time we might not be able to. We don't like taking out loans and always pay cash for our vehicles and since we weren't planning on buying another one for awhile we don't have much in the budget. Hopefully we can find something decent. I was pretty surprised when we started looking and saw how expensive mini-vans are for how un-cool they look! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home