<Operation Hot Rod: What's on the tube?
Just living la vida loca!
........... ...........
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
What's on the tube?
The new fall TV lineup.

Whoever thought I would be so excited about what's on TV? Not me, but I have to admit, since having kids it seems like TV has become our new BFF. I guess it might have something to do with the fact that we're home almost every single night by 7pm for bedtime, so watching TV has become our new nightly tradition. Yes, it's sad but true, but what can you do when you have a fussy baby that just wants to be held? You lounge on the couch and watch TV while you hold the baby, that's what!

So let's talk the fall lineup....

Up All Night, this is the new show with Will Arnett and Christina Applegate on NBC. We watched it last week and I thought it was really funny. Maybe just because it's so relatable to the season of life we're in . The bad news is that this comes on at the same time as Modern Family, also one of our favorite comedies. Time will tell which show will  win out as the battle for the remote continues (Steve is currently the king of the remote and is a huge Modern Family fan).

Next favorite on the list is Parenthood. We just started watching this one last season, but really, really like it. It's not particularly funny, nor is the storyline all that, but something about it keeps us watching.

Sadly, I think the Office is being retired from our Thursday night viewing experience. I'm afraid it's just not going to be the same without Steve Carrell and neither Steve or I really have a desire to keep on watching it. I'm so interested to see how many seasons the show will go on without the character of Michael Scott.

Good things Park & Rec is still on Thursdays though. I think that show is so, so funny. I must have a weird sense of humor though, because I don't really know to many people who share my love for this show and the brilliant characters.

Okay, that's enough TV talk for now. What are some of your favorite shows?

Tune in next time for some new exciting updates on our life. Topics of choice will either be babies or TV. Those are the only two things I really know right now. I know, I know, you're all so jealous of my extremely exciting life.


5 Comments:

Blogger Charisa said...

We're in the same boat! We're so excited about the new shows!

We love Parenthood too! (I was a fan of the original old Steve Martin movie that it's based on. Check it out if you haven't seen it!) We watched Modern Family for the first time last night and loved it! I thought Up all Night was going to be better, but we're still giving it a shot. And I'm with you on The Office. Gotta see how the new guy is.

I've seen a few minutes here and there of Parks & Rec and it always seems funny, but I don't know why we don't watch it. Must be something else on at the same time slot. Hmmm. It's the same way with 30 Rock. Maybe it's time to go and set my DVR while I'm thinking about it.

Cheers to all the new TV!

Blogger ..Jenny said...

After all the hype, we actually had a friend stop by unexpectedly last night so we missed Modern Family. I'd much rather have some adult conversation than sit in front of the TV though, so I was happy to miss it!

Steve heard that it was supposed to be a really funny episode (well, by "heard" I think he meant he saw some ABC promo that said it would be "laugh out loud hilarious" or something ridiculous like that), so I'll have to check it out online during nap time. (Hey, any excuse to get out of cleaning the house, right?)

All of our friends love 30 Rock, but for some reason I've never been able to get into it, which is surprising because i LOVE Tina Fey.

We'll see what the future holds for TV tonight! :)

Anonymous Dawn said...

What about Glee? I think you'd really like that one Jen!

Anonymous Mike said...

Up All Night is one of the lamest shows I've ever seen. I like Modern Famiy and 30 Rock.

Blogger ..Jenny said...

Dawn - I have a love/hate relationship with Glee. I love the scripting and think that Brittany and Sue are such funny characters. I usually laugh at pretty much everything that comes out of Brittany's mouth.
I don't like all the singing and dancing though. I absolutely LOVE music, but for some reason have always hated musicals, so the show gets on my nerves. They do have a very talented cast though.

Mike - I'm with you now on Up All Night. It seems like they're just trying SO hard to be funny that it ends up not being funny at all. Don't think I'll be watching it anymore.

The season premiere of Modern Family was hilarious though! We watched it online over the weekend and now we can't wait to see this weeks episode!

Post a Comment

<< Home