<Operation Hot Rod: Ultrasounds, ultrasounds
Just living la vida loca!
........... ...........
Monday, January 31, 2011
Ultrasounds, ultrasounds
I've spent a lot of time at the hospital these last few days. Nothing serious though. Friday I went to get some tests run on my heart.
My new doctor has been concerned about a heart murmur that I've had since I was a baby. Apparently it sounded abnormally "murmusish?" at my last appointment, so she ordered up an echo cardiogram for me.  Nothing to exciting, just a bunch of extensive tests run on my heart. Thank God for good insurance or I'm sure we'd be paying this one off for awhile! A team of cardiologists will look over the results this week and I should have some answers soon. Really, I'm not worried about it at all though and I'm sure it's nothing.

This morning we had our 13 week ultrasounds and blood tests for Down Syndrome and Trisomy 13 and 18. This was the big one that caused so much concern and worry when I had Asher. We met with the same genetic counselor we did last time and she remembered us and was so happy to see our healthy little boy! Basically the story's the same.  I should get my blood test results back sometime toward the end of the week or the beginning of next week. Everything looked great on the ultrasound (ironically, the ultrasound tech remembered us to because we had to have so many specialized ultrasounds last time) and the baby's neural tube measurements were right in the average where they were supposed to be. Such great news about that! It looks like our next little baby will be a thumb sucker! The little cutie was sucking its thumb almost the entire ultrasound. So cute!

Strangely enough, I'm not really worried about this test at all either, even though when I was pregnant with Asher the genetic team warned me that with each passing year and pregnancy our chance for having a baby with down syndrome would grow. I just feel like everything will be okay and know that my heart will be able to handle whatever comes our way. I feel like I was able to really prepare myself with the news we got in my last pregnancy and kind of got all of the worrying out of my system then. This is so not like me, as worry has always been something that I've struggled, so I know it must be God working on my heart in this area.

I've just been feeling so overwhelmed lately with God's goodness to us. I feel so grateful for all the of the blessings He's given us. He truly has answered all of our prayers and my heart is so full of thanks.

Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.    James 1 :17

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Charisa said...

Glad to hear everything is looking good!

Anonymous Jas said...

Isn't it so great to see the little baby moving around on the screen?

Blogger Robson said...

Visit my Blog Video
http://megamusicyears80.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

<< Home